Saturday, November 21, 2009

I Suck

Artist credit: Apollo


Yup, I suck. I can't put it any more eloquently than that.


I could give a slew of reasons for why I have not been back here in months, but I'm not going to. Let's just say that I've had some personal challenges and some dark periods and have simply needed time away to try to deal with them.

I'd love to say the worst is over, but that's the thing about challenges .. they continue to challenge you LOL. So I'm trying to find a balance somewhere so that I can get back to doing what I love - and that is writing.

You know the saying: "Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle."

It's been a battle, and I'd like to suggest that when any of us are fighting a great battle, that we also be kind to ourselves. That, in itself, can be a challenge too. I am often my own worst critic. Sometimes justified and sometimes not.

Hopefully though, despite my absence, those of you who care about the issues surrounding our marine mammal friends and the state of politics both domestically and globally, have been keeping yourselves aware and informed. That's also a challenge given how much information is out there and trying to determine what is true and what is hype.

One thing I think has been a lot of hype is the issue of global warming. I'm one of those that originally jumped on the bandwagon that we've got to save our earth, listen to Al Gore, and do this, that, or the other or we're gonna fry. LOL

I've been spending a lot of time reading, researching, and determining my own intuition on what I believe to be real or to be simply disinfo perpetuated by the mainstream media in the interest of creating further hype and drama for ratings or whatever.

Al Gore can kiss my ass. He's a hypocrite like the rest of 'em. 'Nuf said.

Is global warming real? I think what we're experiencing is simply part of the natural cycle of things; caused by solar activity NOT carbon emissions. And speaking of carbon emissions, you gotta love how the politicians the world over are trying to tax us even more with the Cap and Trade. But I'll refrain from getting on my soapbox about that one. I only ask that you do your research and don't rely on the mainstream media nor the politicians for the facts.

Then there's the so-called Obamacare. Do I really need to get into that one? It's messed up. Simple as that. The government has absolutely NO PLACE in our personal health care choices. Unfortunately there are people out there who simply can not think for themselves so they're happy to have the government do it for them. In that case, you get exactly what you deserve. "We're from the government and we're here to help you." Uh huh.

Do I sound bitter? I don't mean to. I'm actually just frustrated with the direction things are going. Obama promised "Change we can believe in." So far, he has, in my view, been just an extension of Bush in his continuation of many of G.W. Bush's dictatorial policies. Do I need to go there too? I think not. Apparently he meant change HE can believe in. But then, he is not in control so it's a moot point anyway.

Now Ron Paul .. that's who I voted for to be our President. He's currently making the cronies from the Federal Reserve nervous and rightfully so. Hopefully he succeeds.

So what have the good folks from Sea Shepherd been up to? Oh they've been busy busy busy. I could recap some of the great things that have been going on in the last six months since I last posted, but no need. You have their link so go read up :-)

I will highlight a couple of things.

Earthrace joins Sea Shepherd in the fight against the Japan whale hunt.

Could this be the last season for the whale hunts? Is the end of Japanese whaling in sight?

For now, the culling continues. Japan has embarked on it's annual hunt and the Sea Shepherd crew is also out there in pursuit currently.

Otherstuff:

This is a repeat, but if you care about dolphins, this is a must see film: The Cove

Ocean of Truth


Whaleman petition -> please sign and spread the word. The goal is one million signatures.


Highly recommended: Peace in the Water

Peace in the Water Ambassador


This'll do for a return, long overdue post :-) "Do not be dismayed at good-byes, for a farewell is necessary before you can meet again. And meeting again after moments or lifetimes is certain for those who are friends." (Richard Bach)

Mahalo, dear readers, for being here :-)




2 comments:

  1. Good to see you back! I agree with you on the global warming issue btw. Most people think that NOT believing in it makes me kooky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Aunt Juicebox! I appreciate your wonderful note and the welcome back ... we can be kooky together ;-)

    ReplyDelete